Phase 4: Upgrading
Households have a form of tenure that suites their needs (e.g. individual ownership).
Community organisation decides what form of tenure it shall be and the developer arranges for land to be surveyed, rezoned and for property to be transferred (if the aim is for individual ownership).
- What form of tenure will households upgrade to?
- Who will act as developer for the upgrade process?
- Who will pay for the upgrading of tenure?
Visit Tenure for more information and discussion on this topic.
Households have access to improved level of services (water, sanitation, local roads and storm water, refuse removal, etc).
Developer upgrades the internal services.
- Who will be developer for upgrading services?
- What level of services will there be?
- What will government servicing subsidy money be used for?
- What government programmes will be used to pay for the upgrading services?
visit Services and Facilities for more information and discussion on this topic.
Households and community has access to improved community wide facilities (health, education, public transport, etc)
Developer upgrades the community wide facilities
- Who will be the developer for upgrading facilities
- What will government servicing and facilities subsidy money be used for
- What government programmes will be used to pay for the upgrading facilities
Visit Services and Facilities for more information and discussion on this topic.
The public (and private) transport system is upgraded and improved to a better quality and level of service and convenience.
The municipality upgrades the road and rail infrastructure, inclusing the routes and nodes within the system. Public and private mas transport entities imp-rove the service they provde to commuters.
- What type of public transport system will be used?
- How will the public transport infrastrcutre be paid for?
- What fees will be charged for the use of the public transport system?
Visit Access for more information and discussion on this topic.
Households have an improved housing product.
The developer, using government subsidy, arranges to upgrade the community houses or households arrange to upgrade their own houses.
- What will government money be used for?
- What government subsidy will be used to upgrade the house?
- Who will be the developer or client in terms of upgrading the houses?
Visit Housing for more information and discussion on this topic.
Finance is secured for upgrading products.
State provides finance for upgrading tenure, services, facilities, house, etc
- What support will be provided by whom?
- How will this support be financed?
visit Financing for more information and discussion on this topic.
Join the MLS conversation: Comments page